When you are working with new employees and addressing an enrollment plan there are some very important steps to take. Here are a few of the steps to help you make the process flow from the beginning to the end. Even if your HR department takes care of these steps, it’s important as an employer or an employee to be aware of the process.
- Provide the new employee with a pre-employment benefits newsletter.
- Make sure the employee has the links to all online forms so they can review coverage options.
- Supply the new employee with information for registering on carrier website.
- Speak with the employee regarding for for spouse. For example the spousal allowance compliance form.
- Provide the employee with a benefits comparison if multiple plans are offered.
- Make sure the employee is aware of all annual notices required by federal and state law.
After the employee has gone through eligibility the next step is to address the follow items.
- Speak with the employee on how claims are filed, processed and the general time it takes for turnaround.
- How to resolve claim issues and who to speak with.
- Procedures to address questions and concerns.
- Makes sure the employee has all ID cards ad they are printed correctly.
If you have questions regarding any of these steps it’s important to speak with your employee benefit adviser.